Lawn visitor

I thought I was pretty lucky since I have yet to see a snake here in TX. Today, that changed.... Here's the little slitherer who scared about 10 years off my life. He was along the house & I used the broom handle to get him away from the house, but then he wanted to go into the garage. Hmmmm, he then became a snake version of a hockey puck and got booted down the driveway. If he'd shown any inkling of slithering away from the house, I might have let him live. But alas, he became one with the weed wacker. He's now in about 4 pieces. poor snake.....  No idea if he's poisonous or not, but wasn't taking any chances!

3 comments:

Traci K said...

Gina, was his tail yellow? Check out this link...might be a copperhead.
http://www.uga.edu/srelherp/snakes/agkcon.htm
Computer is working fine upstairs...must be the laptop...ugh!

Traci K said...

O.K. Gina, I officially tagged you. See my blog for details...:)

Unknown said...

My mom had a slight..er.. freak out (understatement of the century) over a garden snake. She got one of the neighbors to bag it up and get it out of the kitchen!

Our cat was ALWAYS bringing stuff inside the house. She's sit by the door, and when we opened it, she'd jet in with a half-dead.. but still alive enough.. mouse.. and scare us all!