Finally - an answer, sort of

The biggest mystery of having a new house & landscaping is... "what in the world is that weird plant?" I have about 20 big green stalks all over, but I had no idea what they were. This weekend, they decided to bloom. There are 2 blooming right now, but they're so tall that one got too heavy & broke off. Now the only question is - what are they called? Any master gardeners out there?

4 comments:

Country Family said...

They start with a 'g', something like gladiolas....maybe. Pretty though!!

Traci K said...

I'd say Davina's right about this one...see this link. They're really pretty but they might need to be grown propped up against your fence like the canna's or they'll meet their weight fate every year.:)http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3F_adv_prop%3Dimage%26va%3Dgladiolus%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501%26xargs%3D0%26pstart%3D1%26b%3D19%26ni%3D18&w=433&h=600&imgurl=www.dannyburk.com%2Fimages%2Fgladiolus2.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dannyburk.com%2Fgladiolus2.htm&size=46.3kB&name=gladiolus2.jpg&p=gladiolus&type=JPG&oid=02ff0ed9b4ea06c6&no=26&tt=28899

Mochas, Mountains and Moby Wraps said...

Yup, gladolias ... they bloom here in Seattle in late July. =) And I don't know that they usually get quite that big but then again everything's bigger in TX of course!

Laura said...

I had no idea- but it's cool that everyone else did. They are really really pretty! Congrats Gina- Later - Laura