Ah... the life

So... it's been pretty exciting around here. Toby has been introduced to water moccasins and then seen Clifford go ballistic trying to get him out of there before he got bit. We saw at least 8 big ones at the pond when Clifford mowed. I then proceeded to fish off the back of the truck. I did catch 2 fish, but too small to bring home. The next order of business is to get some shotgun practice in while destroying the nest. fun! Clifford has finally finished the cow pens and shipped the 'babies' (if you call 400# cow a baby). It was a lot of work, but looks great.  In the process, I learned to dig a fence post by hand. Let me just say, I hope that's the one & only one I ever dig by hand! I think I was sore for a week. Bring on the tractor & power drill.

School's out!!  Those last few weeks were pretty bad - how do you keep 90 seniors out of trouble when all they want to do is be gone?!? But, they've all graduated & now they get the opportunity to find out how great the 'real world' is (or isn't). For some of them, it'll be a rude awakening!

I got accepted to a week-long internship with Boeing, so I'll be at the space center all next week. I'm pretty excited since there is a shuttle up right now & we'll get a 'behind the scenes' look at mission control. It's a partnership to get teachers & businesses on the same page on current needs in the work place. Very ironic that I lived near Boeing for 12 years in Seattle and never took a tour, but move to Houston and get  to work with them.

No pictures right now since my camera has finally bit the dust.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Gina- I love your stories! Gina shooting snakes...makes me proud:) And the Boeing thing sounds great...Very cool Gina and thanks for sharing

Mochas, Mountains and Moby Wraps said...

Welcome to Texas, ya'll ... fishing, pickup trucks, snakes, and cowpens oh my!!
I wondered what you'd be up to this summer - cool to hear about the Boeing internship! It'll be fun to hear all about it.
We're up past our ears in rainy days here - I'm sure you aren't missing that one little bit. Good thing we're off to VA this Friday where it's good and HOT! =) Cheers ...