Mom's friends threw a b-day party for her 60th and they surprised her with getting me there too! It was a great surprise to see her expression when she realized that I had come. We'd talked about me not being able to since they're coming out for Georgetown in 2 weeks.
The party was based on the poem: "When I am old, I will wear purple".

Mom & I in our purple & red

LaVonda, mom, Grandpa, & Lequice

"She's the oldest" or "She did it" - who knows, it's always someone else's fault!
(LaVonda, Lucretia, mom, & Lequice)

Hat? check... Boa? check... Glasses? check... Beads? check
Officially the newest member of the red hat society.
(Yes, it's purple, but such an awesome hat!)

How mom came to the party - since we kept telling her that she was old, she dressed the part.
The slip & socks/shoes combo has got to go!!
No comments:
Post a Comment