Reason to wear sunscreen!

The latest adventure has provided me with the perfect Harry Potter costume for Halloween. Last month the dermatologist did biopsies on 2 small spots on my forehead (.5" from hairline) and found basal-cell carcinoma. Skin cancer, but the best type to get since it doesn't spread. I went into the surgeon this week to have the little spots removed. Hmmm, maybe I should have had more referrals! I now have a scar from my hairline to eyebrows! They had to go in 3x to get all the cells, so guess that's why the big scar. I've had some interesting stares and my students have come up with some awesome stories! (mauled by a bear, knife fight with a gangsta, etc) The black eye is from the anesthesia settling, but it adds to the drama!
Day of the surgery
Day after the surgery - when I finally realized how BIG the scar will be. It looks better now, so hopefully a new hair style isn't on the books! I'm hoping to take the stitches out this weekend or have the school nurse take them out on Mon.

No comments: