I've finally learned how to make sauerkraut & how to can. Two more things for the resume. Clifford's family is all from Germany, so of course sauerkraut is served at special occasions, or not so special occasions. According to the experts, it's much better when you can it yourself. (I happen to agree, since I never really liked it before this!).
They processed over 100# of cabbage & had it ferment for 2 weeks in a crock and then we helped with the actual canning of it this past weekend. Pretty interesting! Guess it's also better if it sits for awhile, so we wont be using this kraut until next year. wow! I think we ended up with about 50 quarts. That's a lot of kraut!!
2 comments:
Hmmm.... ermmmm... Gina? Did you know things like peaches, green beans, tomatoes, jellies/jams... can be canned? :)
Sounds like you are having fun, anyway!
Ew yuck. Sounds like he really IS corrupting you after all.
Post a Comment