Say hi to Toby, the new 4-month old Australian Shepherd who's joined the family. He's quite adorable & doesn't realize he's still pretty small compared to the other dogs in Jones Creek! A guy at Clifford's work needed to give him to a good home - they have 2 chihuahuas and Toby kept herding them into the kennel & wouldn't let them out! Needless to say, he's a herd dog & really smart.
We had a full weekend with getting him acquainted with Brinka (Clifford's German Shepherd) and Aspen (Tom & Sarah's Golden Lab) and trying to not have an all-out dog fight. They did really well! After a day at the ranch doing a bunch of stuff and then getting him settled here at my house, Toby is now sacked out at my feet. He's had a rough 3 days! Tomorrow should be interesting - it'll be his first day all alone. I'm hoping we can do an early morning walk and then walk in the evening. Yeah - a new way to get my exercise in!
Toby trying to 'herd' Brinka around the back yard. Look how small he is!

Toby & Brinka at the ranch. Lots of cool smells, but some really big, scary cows!

The one & only 'face shot' that I've been able to get!

Other fun trivia: My first dog's name was Toby!

4 comments:
When were you planning on getting a dog????!! On the other hand- nice choice..totally adorable and that is very cool!:) I love the picture where he's climbing all over cliff and the german shephard:)
He's absolutely adorable, Gina! Can't wait to meet him (the dog that is).:)
How fun! I'll be anxious to meet him. Yep, walking the dog is a surefire way to get regular exercise!
He's adorable!!! I want one!
Post a Comment