Winter Storm

Clifford's started putting in the fence down the driveway. Why is this such good news, you ask? Well... once it's done, we wont have to go the 'drive to gate, get out, unlatch & open gate, walk back to car, drive through, get out & close gate (making sure it's securely latched), get back in, drive quarter mile, repeat." routine every time we leave or come home. Needless to say, I will be VERY happy when it's done, especially since it's been hovering around 32 with 20* wind-chill the past week. :)


That freeze has caused some minor water damage (translation - broken pipes & no water in the apt). It wasn't even below 32, but these icicles formed due to the wind-chill!

This is 'Brazie' - she is one of Clifford's original cows & she's awesome! She's very nosy, but wont get in your way. She'll eat out of your hand and she puts up with Toby & all his 'dog ways'. Lately, she's been getting really thin, so we've let her come into the house area & graze & eat off the bales of hay. I found her today just lying down, so we brought in some 'sweet feed/protein' and fed her. She didn't even want to get up to eat! So, I built a wind break behind her and threw a few blankets over her. It's suppose to hail/sleet/snow tonight, so I just hope she makes it through. She did get up to drink some water, but the last I checked, she was lying down again, still with the blankets on her. Guess she likes them!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Weird..actually looks like a skull with blankets piled up behind it..took me a minute to see her as a live cow..kinda cool.