I haven't been very good at taking pictures, but thought since it's a cold, rainy day and Clifford is in the recliner taking his 2nd post-Thanksgiving Day nap, I'd get some of this done.

I call it a circus machine, CW calls it an irrigation reel, all I know is that it was extremely heavy & difficult to get on that trailer! We spent a day cleaning off the hay field of all the 'extra' pieces of equipment and bringing it to the ranch. We found an irrigation reel, water pump, water pipes, a hay rake, hay fork, and a couple of tired dogs by the end of the day. No snakes, so that was good.

This little critter about caused a heart attack and a wrecked car! Coming back from the rodeo on the dark country roads (not too long after finding a snake in the barn), I heard a rustle, rustle coming from the back seat. There was a bunch of junk/papers/mail/etc back there so at first I thought it was just them falling down. When it continued, my heart stopped beating as I just KNEW it was a snake in the car. I quickly looked for a place to pull over with lights. 10 miles later, and every little noise making me jump.... I came to a little town & pulled over & got out. Gently opening the back door, I proceeded to do a pull/grab/jump back maneuver until everything was out of the car. Nothing... then went to front seat & looked under the seat. I jumped a mile when this little guy jumped onto the bag! (glad nobody had a video camera around!) Since he wouldn't get out of the car, I got back in & drove home. I'm glad I got this picture though, because when I got home - he was gone! No idea where he went, but I don't have photoshop, so the picture don't lie! :)

Went with Kayleen, Malia, & some friends of theirs to the county rodeo. Pictures didn't turn out so well, but I had lots of fun. Bull riding, calf roping, & then a trick roper with horses that climbed on top of this trailer.

Can you find the frog? We have tons of tree frogs around and it's always fun to see them poking their heads out from different pipes or tools.
No comments:
Post a Comment